The City of Minden provides garbage collection for residents on a weekly basis. Business garbage collection is on a weekly basis or as contracted. Garbage collection begins at 7:00 am each day and ends at 4:00 pm. The sanitation truck follows a specific schedule of pick-ups each day and then responds to all dumpster and/or extra pick-up requests.
All residents and businesses are required by Resolution No. 1457 to have garbage collection unless one of the exceptions applies.
Pick-up Schedule & Fees
Call the city offices at (308) 832-1820 to find out your collection day or view our Sanitation Collection Schedule Map
|Dumpster Rental Fees
- One-yard dumpster (5' by 2.2' by 3.3'): $20 rental fee per week includes one emptying of dumpster
- Additional $20 charge for each emptying request after the first emptying of the week
- Two-yard dumpster (5.2' by 3.4' by 3.5'): $40 rental fee per week includes one emptying of dumpster
- Additional $40 charge for each emptying request after the first emptying of the week
- Commercial: $17.50 per month or as specified in contract
- Extra pick-up fee depends on size of commercial dumpster
- Residential: $14.50 per month
- $15 for extra pick-up
- Second can per month: $8 in addition to the monthly residential charge